Please note some helpful apps below. If you are willing to download them to your child's device, it will come in handy:
- Socrative Student (free) - this app lets students send answers and responses electronically and collects group data for us to look at
- Spelling City (free) - We use this for spelling word practice. Going to the website can be tricky on tablets, so this app would help tremendously.
- Puffin (not free), or Dolphin (free) - these are web browsers that support flash (the animation of web games). There are probably additional browser apps that allow flash. Any will work. To test it, have your child try to play games from our class website.
- an interactive whiteboard app - this will allow them to free write/draw on their devices.
- math, reading, or spelling games - they can utilize these during recess and designated times
- books or readers - they can read from their device during reading time
- an audio recording app - this can allow them to verbally give feedback, explain their learning, or assess their own reading
You can visit www.edshelf.com as a great tool to search for apps for your device if you need ideas. We are having a great time with our devices. The sky is the limit!